Exciting job opportunity at Hollard Insurance in Cape Town
An exciting new opportunity has just become available at a local leading Insurer. We are looking to recruit a
Risk Consultant for the Western Cape, working out of the local Insurer’s office situated in the Cape Town CBD.
• Responsible for the protection of the company with respect to over exposure from a risk management perspective by conducting accurate fire, security and insurance peril risk assessments as well as the submission of accurate MPL (maximum probable loss) scenarios and risk reports. The risk reporting system is an electronic tool which generates reports automatically.
• Evaluate buildings and structures (physically or based on plans) to establish the level of compliance with regards to insurance requirements, legislation, regulations and codes of practice and provide an informed opinion of the possible impact of non-compliance and propose alternatives to mitigate such non-compliance.
• Evaluate risk, evaluate loss potential, make requirements / recommendations for risk improvements where necessary and advise the company on whether to participate or come off risk on properties.
• Carry out physical surveys timeously and professionally (within agreed times).
• Provide complete and professional reports in order for Underwriters to have a clear picture of all the risks involved.
• Stakeholder management: - Take ownership of queries and offer possible solutions to the various stakeholders / clients and ensure all are resolved and feedback given to relevant parties.
• Continuously build and manage the relationship between Risk consultants & Branch and broker network.
Required knowledge, experience and skills:
• We are seeking a senior candidate with qualifications and experience in fire technology and or fire engineering with a strong solid fire prevention / fire safety background, preferably with a fire prevention/safety fire department background.
• 3 years’ experience in building fire prevention / fire safety and or fire codes approvals.
• Experience within surveying Insurance risks is advantageous but not essential.
• We will teach you the insurance aspects related to the risk evaluations - we need your fire expertise.
• Graduate member (or higher) of the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) or Diploma (or higher) in Fire
Technology or Fire Engineering or National Diploma in Safety or CFPA Advanced Diploma in Fire Prevention /Safety or a suitable equivalent qualification.
• Valid driver’s license.
Salary and benefits:
• Company vehicle with vehicle fuel and maintenance card.
• Limited personal fuel and travel costs.
• Study assistance and further role related learning interventions.
• Medical aid.
• Pension or Provident Fund.
• Comprehensive Group life and dread diseases cover.
• Competitive market remuneration.
• Performance related bonus.
Please email your CV to Insurerecruiter@hollard.co.za
Applications for this role will be prioritised in line with our transformation objectives as per our Employment Equity Plan