Inspirational quote of the week
25 things every probationary fire fighter should know and do
1. Respect the job.
2. Arrive early.
3. Be social.
4. Respect and learn from a senior firefighter.
5. Be proactive around the firehouse.
6. Be the first to rise and the last to sleep.
7. Find a mentor.
8. Know your riding position and responsibilities.
9. Check your equipment daily.
10. Wear your safety gear.
11. Ask questions.
12. Talk to the off-going crew.
13. Lead by example.
14. Don’t try to force acceptance.
15. Leave your ego at the door.
16. Respect your elders.
17. Stay physically fit.
18. Stay mentally fit.
19. If you fell stressed, tell your officer.
20. Have fun.
21. Be a team player.
22. Be accountable.
23. Respect the public.
24. Make safety your priority.
25. Pay it forward (teach others what you have learned).
Source: Step Up and Lead