TOUGHEST FIREFIGHTER ALIVE 2019
Toughest Firefighter Alive South Africa Open 2019 Competition
Bookings have opened for the South Africa’s Toughest Firefighter Alive (TFA-SA) 2019, which will be held at Roeland Street Fire Station in Cape Town on 20 to 21 September 2019. The TFA-SA is based on the international TFA competition that is held biennially worldwide at the World Firefighter Games (WFG-World Championship) and annually in Germany (European Open).
The TFA, recognised as the hardest fire fighter competition in the world, is a fitness challenge specifically for fire fighters, where they can compete in various male and female age individual and team categories, with the winners becoming national champions within their divisions.
The South African TFA Open 2019 competition will be the sixth biennale running of the event. The competition is considered to be South Africa’s Premier Firefighter Challenge, with past events having attracted teams and over 100 fire fighter participants from various regions and is seeking to extend to neighbouring and international countries.
TFA-SA has the following objectives:
• Build up the morale of fire fighters
• To promote the fire fighting profession through media coverage
• Equip fire fighters to obtain skills that enable them to perform to the peak of their abilities, to continue to push the boundaries in delivering a better, high quality service
• Promote relationship building with previously disadvantaged communities and
• To produce fire fighters who are able compete competitively on the international stage.
We would therefore like to invite you, all individuals and fire fighter teams to participate in the sixth TFA-SA 2019 competition, be held in Cape Town from the 20 to 21 September 2019.
Download the following documents:
Your participation is valued and essential to contribute to the continued success and growth of this competition.
For more information email TFA@fireandrescue.co